Teachers and librarians: would you like me to come and talk to your students?
What’s in a visit?
• My lively TALKS revolve around inspiration; outlining the random places I get my ideas from, with anecdotes and short readings to illustrate and inspire. My aim is to fire the imaginations of students, pointing out that small things can lead to big themes, whether it’s my full-length novels or their own creative writing. (One hour session/s, no limit to group size.)
• I also do WORKSHOPS, which are suitable for children aged 8-12 years old. (One hour session/s, group size: up to 30.)
Who do I talk to?
• AT PRIMARY SCHOOL LEVEL: My various books are suitable for age 7+, girls and boys.
• AT SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL: Usually Year 7/S1 (Scotland), girls only.
How does it work?
• Each session lasts an hour, with me talking (and showing-and-telling!) for around three-quarters of an hour, followed by an interactive Q&A session for the last section.
• In addition, ideally 15-20 minutes should to be scheduled for book signing (and perhaps chatting to any students too shy to ask a question during the session!).
• Schools or libraries either arrange for a local bookshop to come in with a selection of my books to sell, OR my various publishers can send a box of books on a sale-or-return basis.
• I’m happy to do several sessions in a day, with any size group (or up to 30, in the case of workshops).
Where do I go?
• As I’m based in north London, it’s relatively easy for me to travel to, well, lots of places easily reached by train within the space of a day.
• For anywhere further afield, accommodation might be needed. (It can be worthwhile getting together with other schools/libraries in this instance, to share costs.)
Get in touch!
• For more details, please contact Authors Aloud UK at
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org who arrange my visits and events for me.